Neighbor Helping Neighbor: Good Deeds and the Good News! Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. – 2 Corinthians 9:7
With many in-person outreaches cancelled, we have some different opportunities:
- The 4th Wednesday of the month some parishioners would go to the Whitney Avenue Rescue Mission to prepare a meal and fellowship with the clients. That in-person event has been suspended, so we have taken a new approach. We have a to go meal for the 5 PM dinner. The men received a letter that we will be continuing the pizzas, and that at 5 PM on the 4th Wednesday, we will be remote praying specifically for them and the staff as they sit down to enjoy the meal. We wanted to know if there are any parishioners that would like to take a month to sponsor the ONE dinner for the 4th Wednesday. We are only one of three volunteer groups that are supporting the Rescue Mission with a meal. The cost is approximately $100. If you are interested in supplying a dinner, please call Donna James at 607-648-7934 and she will give you the details.
- For the past several years, we have collected food at our Sunday Service to be donated to a local food pantry. The 4th Sunday of July, we did a Virtual Food Collection. 110 pounds of food and a $10 donation was collected from 11 families! Thank you all!
- American Red Cross Blood Drive was held at the Church Fellowship Hall on July 30. Those donated blood with an appointment will receive FREE antibody testing for COVID- 19.
- Staying connected to the Lord and each other:Receive a phone call from a church volunteer. We also have volunteers willing to take people to the doctor’s appointments or pick up groceries. Want to stay connected? There are updated directories available in hard copy or by eMail. Does anyone need a Daily Devotion book or a Bible? Please let the church office know 648-4339.
Blessings- Wes and Karen MacKenzie, Mission Leaders (845-729-0110)
August Mission: CHOW. The Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse through its network of nearly 100 partner agencies (pantries, community meals and non-profit organizations), distributes over 175,000 pounds of food each month. We traditionally have donated food to CHOW or a partner agency on the 4th Sunday of each month. Please write CHOW on the memo line of your check.
The Upper Room Devotional is also available on the internet. Here is a link to the Upper Room devotional: https://www.upperroom.org/ or you may call :
- If you do not pay for long distance (most cell phone plans include long distance) you can call 1.615.212.2013
- If you do pay for long distance calls, please call 1.877.600.7218
Other online devotionals that you may be interested in are Our Daily Bread which you may get to from this link: https://odb.org/ Just click on the today’s devotional & it will take you to it. It will also read it to you if you would prefer that. Also Girl Friends in God which you may access at this link: https://girlfriendsingod.com/. You may also sign up & have both of these emailed to you.
Maines Give Back Program Fundraiser: For every twenty (20) dollars spent, our church receives $1.00. Obtain your Maines membership card application from the church secretary Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 1 PM or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or from this website under the forms section. You may also apply directly at Maines store. If you do this please give us your name so that we may add you to our list. Thank you!
Knitting for the Lord has prayer shawls & prayer blankets available for those in need please contact Sue Alcott or Lynne Masland if you know of someone in need.
Knitting for the Lord is once again accepting machine washable yarn. Thank you for all of your help & support in our missions.
Fund Raiser for First United Methodist Church of Chenango Bridge. Present this advertisement (below) and 10% of all work done will be donated to the church. For all questions and appointments please contact Quality Steam Cleaning. (You may also find this coupon in the back of the church or contact the church office.
For all questions or appointments contact Quality Steam Cleaning.