Characteristics of the Perfect Father
You might describe your father as your own superhero. Some of you might use less flattering words. Other might not have had a real dad or don’t remember. My own dad was a wonderful, caring man. But none of us could call our fathers perfect.
Here are some characteristics of the perfect father. Do you know anyone like this?
- He has no favorites, but loves all His children unconditionally. Then Peter began to speak to them: “I truly understand that God shows no partiality” (Acts 10:34)
- He is forever faithful and will never abandon His children. See what love the Father has given us that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. (1 John 3:1a). And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20b)
- He is always available. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. (Psalm 91:15)
- He always knows the wise thing to do. …to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever! Amen. (Romans 16:27) Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. (Psalm 119:73)
There is only one who meets all of these characteristics listed and many more. It is our Heavenly Father. This Father’s Day when we celebrate the gift of our earthly fathers may we also remember to give thanks to our perfect Heavenly Father.
Grace & Peace, Pastor Bob
Stepping In Faith – Come & Walk with us!
Where – Otsiningo Park. Starting Wednesday, May 12th; 5:30 PM. “Every Wednesday, weather permitting. Bring a face mask or one can be provided. Sponsored by The United Methodist Church of Chenango Bridge.
Meeting Place—North Entrance of the Park, take Howell Drive to Parking Lot. Bottled water & fruit will be available on a first come first served basis.
Led by: Michelle Stoll & Kathy Smith, for questions call 648-4339 (Church Office)
“Bring a friend, Make a friend” – Just do it!
We are once again meeting for Worship but the church is strongly recommending that you still mail your donations into the church due to the Covid19 virus restrictions there will be no offertory during worship but we will dedicate your gifts to God. If you bring your offering into church with you, the usher will direct you to the offering basket.
* Monday’s of every week we will collect, record and deposit any pledges, Donations and Loose Funds. Please mail to the church at: 1st UMC of Chenango Bridge, PO Box 501, Chenango Bridge, 13745.
* Bank Accounts and Expenses will be reviewed weekly to ensure Bills are paid in a timely manner.
* Any financial questions should be directed to David Lewis at 607.727.0250.
* Search for any potential financial opportunities that will provide additional income to meet the continue operation expenses through this unknown period.
God Bless & Stay Safe, FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, CHENANGO BRIDGE-CHURCH COUNCIL
Pastor’s Study & Prayer Group (Online Only): Sunday mornings 11:30 AM. Everyone is welcome to join. Contact Pastor Bob at 648-4326 or email@example.com for password or more details to join the group. Everyone is welcome!
Ladies Monday Night Book Study: Monday evenings 6:30-8:00 pm. (Online Only) Please contact Karen MacKenzie for details if you would like to join the group via Zoom (online). Please Note: This group has ended for summer. They may meet occasionally throughout the summer, contact Karen MacKenzie at 845-729-0857 for more information. This group will resume meeting in the fall.
Upper Room, devotionals available, contact the church office, 648-4339 & we will mail you one. The Upper Room Devotional online: https://www.upperroom.org/devotionals. If you do not pay for long distance you can call 1.615.212.2013 or a free call 1.877.600.7218
Other online devotionals: Our Daily Bread link: https://odb.org/ Girl Friends in God link: https://girlfriendsingod.com/.
Note: Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-648-4339 for more information on church groups.
As we move forward in this Covid-19 environment, we should try and remember our blessings. ”And don’t forget to do good and share with those in need.” — Hebrews 13:16
With the advent of Covid, St. Patrick’s Church in Binghamton has gone from providing 90 bagged lunches on Tuesdays to providing 100-200 lunches Monday – Friday. In order to support this ministry we would like to do a “Peanut Butter and Jelly Ministry.” The month of June, we will be collecting PB & J in the choir room. Would you consider picking up an extra jar of each for donation?
If you would like to give a monetary donation, please write PB & J in the donation line, and we will purchase the items. Each day it takes between 15-20 volunteers for this ministry. If you are interested in volunteering as a group, or individually, please contact Karen and Wes and 845-729-0857.
Our 4th Sunday non-perishable food donations have been going to CHOW on a monthly basis.
We are continuing to support the Whitney Avenue Rescue Mission by delivering Pizza (socially distanced) on the 4th Wednesday of the month to the residents. If you are interested in supporting this Mission, please contact Donna James for further details. Continue reading